Today transit agencies and transportation organizations are faced with a need for increasing levels of transit and technology expertise, innovation, and investment required to meet ever-evolving passenger needs with flexibility and agility – all with limited and constrained budgets. Transportation solutions are no longer limited to the efficient operation of a dedicated fleet of vehicles – but instead involve the complex integration of software, work processes, data analysis, and an expanded level of personalization required to reach and serve passengers.
To support this need, MV offers a portfolio of professional services that combine our deep transit industry experience and operational and technology expertise. Our services impact critical aspects of transit operations, including improving the passenger experience, driving increased operational efficiency, and ensuring compliance to FTA and ADA regulations.
The MV professional service portfolio includes project-based services, ongoing support agreements, and staff augmentation aligned to the following critical areas of transportation services:
- Transit Planning – Short and long-term capacity planning, scheduling, and route optimization for fixed-route, paratransit, and on-demand service models. Our team of professionals can develop route and schedule adjustments that support seasonal changes, improve passenger satisfaction, address driver scheduling needs, and review opportunities for deadhead reduction.
- Microtransit Services – Whether implementing first- and last-mile connections for commuters or expanding service to underserved communities, MV’s on-demand and microtransit services can help attract new riders and provide greater flexibility for those using transit today. MV’s planning and mapping experts identify optimal transit zones and underserved areas within a geographic region. MV then develops and implements the technology and software solution that best fits agency and passenger needs and provides ongoing performance monitoring.
- Technology Solutions – MV maintains a deep level of expertise and strategic partnerships with the leading transportation software platform providers so we can manage the technology for you. As an example, MV maintains the largest number of Trapeze users across both “on-premise” and multi-customer cloud deployments. Our services span contact center management, technology assessments and solution deployment, and tiered support for operational and in-vehicle hardware and software.
- Zero-emission Transit Planning – MV leverages its expertise and extensive partner network to develop a zero-emission strategy and roadmap that meets your unique objectives. The MV team can develop your Innovative Clean Transit (ICT) plan, provide data analysis and consultative guidance for infrastructure build out, identify capital planning and financing solutions and develop transit routes tuned for electric and zero-emission bus fleets.
- Route Mapping – MV can help you keep up with ever-evolving city and street changes by developing new GIS maps or updating your existing profiles, ensuring you always meet the needs of your passengers and maintain compliance to FTA and ADA guidelines.
- Decision Support – MV’s team of data scientists transform your historical and current data into actionable business intelligence. Our solutions integrate with your existing software investments to consume and visualize data, helping targeted roles in your organization make timely and impactful decisions. We also offer advanced skills in machine learning and algorithm-based rules development to provide you with predictive modeling.